The work of the UNESCO Chair is embedded in relevant international networks. The Chair positions itself as a strategic partner in producing and sharing knowledge, training, development of intervention tools and support for developing intersectoral policies.
The UNESCO Chair operates as a think-tank, a knowledge hub, a mediator between the academic world and institutions, trade unions, international networks, professional communities, regional or local authorities.
The UNESCO Chair is structured around five types of partnerships:
- A network of universities from the Global South and the Global North
- A close link with UNESCO and WHO
- Formalized collaboration with relevant global and regional networks involved in the field of health promotion and schools
- A link with national institutions
- Partnerships with private actors in the field of research and intervention, associations, foundations, companies
- Université Clermont Auvergne (France)
- Université de Lyon (France)
- CHRU Hopitaux de Tours (France)
- Ecole des Hautes Etudes Santé Publique, Rennes (France)
- École Supérieure du Professorat et de l’Éducation, Université de Bordeaux (France)
- École Supérieure du Professorat et de l’Éducation, Université de Bourgogne (France)
- École Supérieure du Professorat et de l’Éducation, Université de la Réunion (France)
- École Supérieure du Professorat et de l’Éducation, Université de Lille (France)
- École Supérieure du Professorat et de l’Éducation, Université de Montpellier (France)
- École Supérieure du Professorat et de l’Éducation, Université de Reims Champagne-Ardenne (France)
- Laboratoire Éducations et Pratiques de Santé, Université Paris 13 (France)
- Laboratoire EXPERICE, Universités Paris 8 et Paris 13 (France)
- Laboratoire Francophonie, Éducation, Diversité, Université de Limoges (France)
- Laboratoire Techniques et Enjeux du corps, Université Paris Descartes (France)
- Université Savoie Mont Blanc (France)
- Rectorat de l’académie de Clermont-Ferrand (France)
- Direction générale de la santé (France)
- Faculté d’Éducation Physique, Université Alger 3 (Algeria)
- Université d’Oran 1 Ahmed Ben Bella (Algeria)
- Centre de Biotechnologie de Borj Cédria (Tunisia)
- École Supérieure des Sciences et Techniques de la Santé de Tunis (Tunisia)
- Université centrale (Tunisia)
- Chaire en éducation à l’éco-citoyenneté et au développement durable de l’Université Saint-Joseph de Beyrouth (Lebanon)
- Université du Québec à Montréal (Canada)
- University of Toronto, Canada research chair in “Global Health Equity & Social Justice with marginalized populations” (Canada)
The development of the UNESCO Chair Global Health & Education community and the implementation of it’s activities are made possible thanks to the support of two of it’s founding organisations: MGEN and Groupe Vyv. With nearly 4 million people insured, the MGEN group is a major player in social protection and the leading public service mutual. As the leading mutual in health and social protection in France, the VYV group has a real social commitment, capable of providing ever more supportive and innovative solutions to build a more equitable and socially responsible society.
The objective of the University of Clermont Auvergne Foundation is to support actions in the following priority areas:
- supporting and promoting excellence in research
- optimising student integration into the world of work
- developing innovation and creating businesses
- increasing the international recognition and appeal of the University of Clermont Auvergne
The MGEN Foundation for Public Health was created in 2002 by the MGEN, a French mutual health insurer. The Foundation’s multidisciplinary team conducts scientific research in four areas of public health: “Health economics”, “Occupational health”, “Prevention and health promotion ” and “Cognitive and functional ageing”. The research studies, some of which are carried out in partnership with other research teams, are published in both national or international scientific journals.
The mission of the Sanofi Espoir Foundation is to contribute to reducing health inequalities among populations that need it most by applying a socially responsible approach.
The main focus of Trinity Care Foundation is on enhancing the public programs effectiveness and strengthening the community programs by reaching out to the socially and economically underprivileged sections of the society both in rural ans urban India.
The Vulnerable Empowerment Foundation International Liberia Inc. (VEFIL) is committed to strengthening the public healthcare system so that every person, regardless of ability to pay, has access to affordable and good quality health care services.
Escalando Salud y Bienestar works with schools, non-governmental organizations and governments worried about improving the health and wellbeing conditions of schools given their influence on school attendance, permanence, performance, and quality of life. It does so by providing technology-powered tools make evidence-based decisions and monitor progress.
The mission of Health Promotion South Africa Trust (HPSA), a registered non-profit organization, is to educate and promote health and well-being at the individual and community level in South Africa.
The goal of the NGO Tarang Health Alliance is to influence Education Policy so that Health Education is mandatory in every school in India.
- Chaire UNESCO en Culture des droits de l’homme et éducation au développement durable dans l’enseignement préscolaire et primaire, Université Chrétienne “Dimitrie Cantemir”, Roumania
- Chaire UNESCO en Education, formation et recherche en développement durable, Institut Polytechnique de Bordeaux, France
- UNESCO Chair on Global Understanding for Sustainability, Institute of Geography, Friedrich Schiller University Jena, Germany
- UNESCO Chair in Healthy Life for Sustainable Development, Moscow State University of medicine and dentistry, Russia
- UNESCO Chair on Global Health & Education, Osaka University, Japan
- Chaire UNESCO en Santé sexuelle & droits humains, Université de Paris, UFR Médecine Paris Nord, France
- UNESCO Chair on Training and empowering Human ressources for Health Development in Resource-limited Countries, Brescia University, Italy
The International Union for Health Promotion and Education (IUHPE) is a global professional non-governmental organisation dedicated to health promotion around the world.
The National Association of School Nurses (NASN) envisions all students healthy, safe, and ready to learn. NASN’s mission is to optimize student health and learning by advancing the practice of school nursing.
The overall aim of the Schools for Health in Europe Network Foundation (SHE) is to improve the health of children and young people in Europe, including reducing health inequalities, through a specific setting focus on schools. SHE supports its members to further develop and sustain school health promotion in each country by providing a European platform for school health promotion.
Unions for professionals
- Association des Conseillers Techniques Infirmiers de l’Éducation Nationale
- Association des Médecins Conseillers Techniques de l’Éducation Nationale
- Syndicat national des infirmier(e)s conseiller(e)s de santé
- Syndicat national des infirmiers et infirmière éducateurs de santé
- Union régionale des professionnels de santé – Chirurgiens dentistes Auvergne Rhône Alpes (URPS – CD ARA)
- Région Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes (France)
- Ville de Thiès (Sénégal)
- Ville de Clermont-Ferrand (France)