“Sharing knowledge to support the global community of everyone with an interest in the education and health of children and young people.”
This is the objective of the webinar series developed by the UNESCO Chair and WHO Collaborating Centre in “Global Health & Education”. We do this in partnership with major international organizations and a network of 70 universities. The content has a unique balance between contributions of the best experts and the experience of actors in the field. Together each webinar contributes to an article about the future of health promotion. The webinars can be linked to initial and continuing training.
The webinar series are:
- Short and structured
- Following a similar format
- Focusing on specific issues related to education and health of children and young people
- Highly interactive
- Resulting in providing relevant resources on the topic via our website.
The webinar programme is rooted in local contexts and cultures and will be offered in different languages. The webinar series will be announced through Twitter, LinkedIn, our website and regular news updates. They are broadcast live on our YouTube Channel.
The journal Health Education is the official journal of our webinar series and aims to support UNESCO’s mission of sharing knowledge to support the global community.
SANOFI Espoir Foundation supports the Global Health & Education webinar series
Our Webinar Programme
- 21 January 2021 – Webinar: Health literacy in schools: an education asset in the 21st centuryOn 21 January 2021 from 14.00 – 15.00 CET, the interactive webinar “Health literacy in schools: an education asset in the 21st century” will take place. The webinar is part of the Global Health & Education webinar series and organised by the UNESCO Chair Global Health & Education in collaboration with Schools for Health in Europe Network Foundation (SHE). The …
- 20 January 2021 – La santé au plus près des gensSpeakers: Martine Antoine, Co-présidente de l’Institut Renaudot Philippe Lefèvre, Co-président de l’Institut Renaudot Nathalie Bacq, Ergothérapeute à l’Association Vaudoise d’Aide et de Soins à Domicile (AVASAD) Sophie Progin-Batalla, Diététicienne à l’Association Vaudoise d’Aide et de Soins à Domicile (AVASAD) Time: 18:00 – 19:00 CET Language: French More information (in French) Webinar link
- 13 January 2021 – La santé, un enjeu éducatif (Health, an educational issue)Speakers: Nathalie DUPEUX, Professeur des écoles et Conseillère pédagogique, Direction de l’Enseignement de la Nouvelle-Calédonie. Brice BENARD, Inspecteur d’académie – Inspecteur pédagogique régional EPS Académie d’Orléans-Tours. Didier JOURDAN, Professeur des Universités, Titulaire de la Chaire UNESCO ÉducationS & Santé. Time: 18.00 – 19.00 CET. Language: French More information (in French) Webinar link
- Education as a “social vaccine” against COVID-19Global Health & Education webinar series 10 December 2020 Speakers Professor Terje Andreas Eikemo, Professor of Sociology, Centre for Global Health Inequalities Research (CHAIN), Dept of Sociology and Political Science, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Norway Photo: Elin Iversen/ NTNU Professor Clare Bambra, Professor of Public Health, Population Health Sciences Institute, Faculty of Medical Sciences, …
- Health, literacy and education in Persian speaking countries: achievements, challenges and the linkDo we really acknowledge the health-education co-evolution in health promotion research, policy and practice? Global Health & Education webinar series Persian version 3 December 2020 Openings Prof. Alireza Zali, Vice-chancellor of Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, Iran Dr. Mojtaba Zeinivand, Vice Minister of Education, Iran Prof. Didier Jourdan, UNESCO Chair Global Health & Education, …
- Neoliberal globalization and migrant children’s right to health in Latin AmericaGlobal health & Education webinar series 18 November 2020 Versión en español Facilitator Dr. Hiram V. Arroyo, Puerto Rico. Professor, Director, Department of Social Sciences, Director, World Health Organization (WHO/PAHO) Collaborating Centre for Training and Research in Health Promotion and Health Education, Faculty of Biosocial Sciences and Graduate School of Public Health, Medical Sciences Campus, …
- The COVID-19 pandemic: better aligning education and healthGlobal Health & Education webinar series 13 July 2020 Nicola Gray, on behalf of UNESCO Chair Global Health & Education and International Association for Adolescent Health (IAAH) Sean Slade, Senior Director of Global Outreach ASCD Antonia Wulff, COVID 19 Policy Co-ordinator Education International (EI) The journal Health Education is the official journal of our webinar series and …
- Health promotion responses to the COVID-19 pandemicGlobal Health & Education webinar series 22 June 2020 Stephan Van den Broucke, Vice-Dean of the Catholic University of Leuven and Vice-President for Scientific Affairs of the International Union for Health Promotion and Education (IUHPE) English Summary: In response to the current pandemic, governments around the world have taken unprecedented actions. Health (or more precisely the …