How to protect and promote school mental health in 21th century?
Host and coordinator
Nastaran Keshavarz Mohammadi, Associate professor of health Promotion of Nastaran Keshavarz Mohammadi
- Alireza Zali, Chancellor of Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, Iran
- Goof Buijs, Manager UNESCO Chair Global Health & Education
- Ali Asadi, Psychologist, Deputy Director General of the Mental, Social and Addiction Health Office of the Ministry of Health, Iran
- Gholamreza Garmaroudi, Associate Professor of Mother and Child Health and Director, Department of Health Promotion and Education, School of Public Health, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Iran
- Peter Paulus, Senior Professor, Head of Unit, Research Centre of Applied Sciences of Health (CASH) Leuphana University, Lueneburg, Germany
Speakers from Iran, Germany and the UNESCO Chair will present a brief explanation of the importance of knowledge exchange and production within networks of different languages for the UNESCO Chair Global Health & Education, nationally and internationally on school mental health. Specially after the outbreak of the Covid-19 pandemic and its impacts on students and their parents. Furthermore, the speakers will share with the audience the current state of school mental health in Europe, Germany and Iran, the challenges and achievements and their perspectives about the way forward to achieve the goal of “mental health for all” through holistic school health programs such as health promoting schools initiatives.
The speakers will address the following questions:
- Why school and school mental health matters? Why it matters more now during Covid-19 pandemic?
- Why attention to different national, local and individual socio cultural contexts of individuals are important in designing and implementing school mental health programs and policies?
- What is the current status of school mental health globally, in Europe, Germany and Iran?
- What are the challenges and achievements of school mental health promotion interventions in Europe, Germany and Iran?
- What are good practices in school mental health programs and policies?
Protecting the mental health of youth, The Lancet Regional Health – Europe, Volume 12, 2022, 100306, ISSN 2666-7762, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.lanepe.2021.100306.
Web pages on this website in Persian:
- The UNESCO Chair
UNESCO Chair documents in Persian:
- Rules of procedures
- 2019 Activity report UNESCO Chair GHE
- 2020 Work plan UNESCO Chair GHE
Other relevant documents in Persian:
- Framework for reopening schools by UNESCO, United Nations Children’s Fund, World Bank, World Food Programme
This webinar is organised by the UNESCO Chair and WHO Collaborating Center Global Health & Education in collaboration with the Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences.