The University of Luxembourg is an international research university with a distinctly multilingual and interdisciplinary character.
The Faculty of Humanities, Education and Social Sciences (FHSE) brings together expertise from the humanities, linguistics, cognitive sciences, social and educational sciences. People from across 20 disciplines are working within the Faculty. Along with the disciplinary approach a very ambitious interdisciplinary research culture has been developed.
The faculty’s research and teaching focuses on social, economic, political and educational issues with the common goal of contributing to an inclusive, open and resourceful society. The FHSE offers six Bachelor and twenty Master degrees and a doctoral school providing students with the necessary knowledge and high-qualified skills to succeed in their future career.
Under the direction of Prof. Dr. Claudine Kirsch, the successful candidate will:
- Engage in research targeted at receiving a PhD in Education:
- Conduct an in-depth state-of-the-art literature review
- Design the project
- Collect qualitative data on digital literacy practices (which include several languages) in schools and homes in Luxembourg over a period of one academic year
- Analyse the above-mentioned data and write them up (thesis and/ or articles)
- Disseminate the findings from your study (e.g., presentations, website, thesis/ articles)
- Take courses at the doctoral school and engage in international opportunities for learning and development
- Engage in miscellaneous administrative tasks
For more information about this PhD go to the University’s website.