On Wednesday 20 November 2019 the pre-conference “Health promotion principles as foundations for solidarity and public health” of the European Public Health conference took place. Different perspectives to the future of health promotion were explored from a global and a national level. The pre-conference was organised by the EUPHA Section Health Promotion, UNESCO Chair Global Health & Education, Bielefeld University, and The German Prevention RESEarch NeTwork (PRESENT).
The morning session which was co-organised by the UNESCO Chair Global Health & Education focused on:
Intersectorality ‘next generation’: a real way to tackle health inequalities?
By the end of the session, we aimed to have identified a range of intersectoral practices, gaps between theory and practice, and three priorities for moving ahead with genuine intersectorality. The presentation and video’s of the pre-conference will be shared online in due course.
- Intersectorality ‘next generation’: a real way to tackle health inequalities?
L. Saboga Nunes, President EUPHA HP
- Creating new ecosystems for knowledge production and sharing
D. Jourdan & M-P. Sauvant-Rochat, UNESCO Chair Global Health & Education
- Genuine intersectorality at the local level, what do we know?
L. Potvin, Montreal University, Canada
- Intersectorality, participation and citizenship at the very core of health promotion
M. Akerman, Universidade de São Paulo, Brazil
- An intersectoral approach to tackle inequalities in oral health
H. Pichot & S. Tubert-Jeanin, Agence sanitaire et sociale de la Nouvelle-Calédonie
- Intersectorality in Danish municipalities
D. H. Holt, National Institute of Public Health, Denmark
The interventions were followed by a round table discussion on “Levers and obstacles to intersectorality in health promotion, toward renewed policies and practices”. The round table was organised to contribute to new perspectives of intersectorality. Participants could share their experience and views.
Contributors to the round table were:
- Nastaran Keshavarz Mohammadi, Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran- Co-chair of the Scientific & Ethical Committee of the UNESCO Chair Global Health & Education
- Luis Saboga Nunes, President EUPHA Section Health Promotion
- Paolo Contu, IUHPE vice-president for Europe
- Nicola Gray, Vice-President for Europe of IAAH