The UNESCO Chair and WHO Collaborating Center on Global Health & Education and EHEPS invite all those interested in promoting health and equity at a community level to the first edition of the Global Community Health Annual Workshop that will take place on 6, 7 and 8 July 2021.
The main aim of the workshop is to explore the diverse practices of community health worldwide, learn from them, and apply those newly acquired skills and knowledge to current/future projects. We will have participants from all over the world and welcome all those involved in health promotion, prevention, healthcare and social care services.
The programme will consist of a daily 3-hour main block reserved for lectures, satellite sessions (for discussion in English, French, Spanish or Portuguese) and time for questions. Beside the main block participants will attend two blocks of 2-hour group work sessions.
We are honoured to have some excellent contributors from all over the world, joined by voices from the field and a number of case studies. A preview of the contributors:
- Professor Didier Jourdan, Chair holder UNESCO Chair and head of the WHO Collaborating Center Global Health & Education, France
- Professor Yifei Hu, Department of Child and Adolescent health and Maternal Care, School of Public Health, Capital Medical University, China
- George Arrey, director Health Promotion South Africa Trust, South Africa
- Viola Cassetti, Public Health Consultant, Spain
- Dr. David Houeto, Associate Professor, Health Promotion, University of Parakou, Benin
This year’s course will be online and FREE of charge. Participants and tutors will learn from the diversity in community health practices. Active participation will be rewarded with a certificate provided by the UNESCO Chair.