Here is the respondents’ profile for the combined survey data in Arabic, English, French and Spanish (n=332).
- About one third of respondents are school teachers (see figure 2).
- The other professional backgrounds are more diverse;
- we can see a greater proportion of doctors, university teachers and researchers among the English-language survey respondents.
- The majority of respondents are working in an urban area (60%).
- Regarding area affluence, half of respondents engage with all types – highly privileged to underprivileged students (49%) – and a third of respondents work in a privileged setting.
- Respondents work across the student age range, engaging with groups from 0 to 19 years old (see table 1).
- Almost half of the respondents work specifically in a school, mostly in the public sector (no fees, 74%), and without specialization (86%) nor students staying overnight (85%).
For more information: