Webinar Dynamics in School Health Promotion
May 25 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm CESTFree
This webinar is organised by the Schools for Health in Europe Network Foundation (SHE) and the UNESCO Chair Global Health & Education. The webinar will be held in English.
Implementing the Health Promoting School (HPS) approach and creating change in the whole school system can be challenging, since schools are dynamic organisations. Each school operates in its own specific context and health promoting interventions should fit to that unique context. Consequently, this indicates a variety of choices when implementing the HPS approach, flexibility is thus needed. This webinar focuses on these dynamics in school health promotion. In the first part of the webinar, the variety of choices will be illustrated by different spectra on which can be navigated by researchers and practitioners. The second part will focus on research findings regarding the self-reported navigation on these spectra in 24 member countries of SHE (Schools for Health in Europe network foundation). The last part will focus on how this approach can contribute to the future of school health promotion (research). The speakers will address the following questions:
- How can you deal with studying the dynamics in school health promotion?
- How do countries in the European region deal with the dynamics in school health promotion?
- How does this work contribute to the future of school health promotion (research)?
- Dr. Nina Bartelink – Researcher, Health promotion; School for Public Health and Primary Care; Faculty of Health, Medicine and Life Sciences; Maastricht University, the Netherlands
- Dr. Kathelijne Bessems – Teacher, Health promotion; School for Public Health and Primary Care; Faculty of Health, Medicine and Life Sciences; Maastricht University, the Netherlands
- Stef Kremers – Professor of the Prevention of Obesity, NUTRIM School of Nutrition and Translational Research in Metabolism; Department of Health Promotion; Faculty of Health, Medicine & Life Sciences; Maastricht University, the Netherlands