- This event has passed.
Webinar (in Spanish) – Assessment, critical analysis and opportunities to strengthen research in School Health Promotion for children and adolescents in Latin America
February 16 @ 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm CET
On 16 February 2023 the UNESCO Chair and WHO Collaborating Centre on Global Health & Education and the University of Puerto Rico will organise the webinar: Assessment, critical analysis and opportunities to strengthen research in School Health Promotion for children and adolescents in Latin America. The webinar will be held in Spanish.
School Health Promotion and child and adolescent health should be high priorities for public health today. Research is an essential component in the development of policies, strategies, and programmes for School Health Promotion. Research is essential in the production of knowledge and the evaluation of practices. Developing a regional culture of research in School Health Promotion is a demand from various professional, institutional and academic sectors. Generating a research agenda in the field of School Health Promotion is a challenge that needs to be addressed.
The questions that will be addressed during this webinar are:
- What is the current status of research on School Health Promotion and research on children and adolescents in Latin America?
- What issues or research topics on School Health Promotion in general and on children and adolescents require priority attention?
- What actions and strategies are required to articulate a research agenda in School Health Promotion and research on children and adolescents in Latin America?
The speakers are:
- Dr. Alba Yaneth Rincón Méndez, Coordinator of the Social Outreach Area of WHO/PAHO Collaborating Centre PROINAPSA, Universidad Industrial de Santander (UIS), Colombia.
- Dr. Lucas Agostinho Fernandes, School Health Programme, Ministry of Health, Department of Health Promotion, Secretariat of Primary Health Care, Brazil.
- Dr. Hiram V. Arroyo, Professor, Director, Department of Social Sciences, Director, World Health Organization (WHO/PAHO) Collaborating Centre for Training and Research in Health Promotion and Health Education, School of Biosocial Sciences and Graduate School of Public Health, Medical Sciences Campus, University of Puerto Rico.
The webinar will be held in Spanish and take place on 16 February 2023 at:
- 10:00 – 11:00 Puerto Rico
- 11:00 – 12:00 Brazil
- 9:00 – 10:00 Washington, DC
- 15:00 – 16:00 CET