- This event has passed.
Pre-conference: Genuine Participation and the Transformational Potential of Health Promotion – Coronavirus Politics – UNESCO Chair speaking
10 November 2021 @ 9:00 am - 12:30 pm CET€50
Online pre-conference of the 14th European Public Health Conference 2021
Organised by EUPHA Health Promotion section, UNESCO Chair Global Health & Education and International Institute, University of Michigan.
The main goal of this pre-conference is to open new perspectives on genuine participation as a means to highlight the transformational potential of Health Promotion. By shifting participation as a mantra to participation as a practice this pre-conference aims at establishing a stronger focus to inclusion as part of health-for-all-policies. During the preconference we will:
- identify gaps between discourse and practice in participation
- discuss a range of practices and tools to guide the transformational potential of health promotion
- share priority areas for moving ahead with genuine participation
Next to these objectives, we wish to create a space that supports international networking among professionals and researchers interested in advancing participatory community-based public health interventions.
- Luis Saboga-Nunes, EUPHA Health Promotion section; Institute of Sociology University of Education, Freiburg, Germany
- Goof Buijs, WHO Collaborating Center & UNESCO Chair Global Health & Education
- Bjarne Bruun Jensen, Professor in Health Promotion, Senior Adviser, Steno Diabetes Center Copenhagen, Denmark
- Goof Buijs, facilitator, UNESCO Chair Global Health & Education
- Mamdouh Wahba, Egypt
- MinChien Tsai, Taiwan
- Nicola Gray, UK
- Rául Mercer, Argentina
- Vanessa Salgado (pre-recorded video), Brazil
- Marco Akerman, Brazil