- This event has passed.
Global Community Health Annual Workshop – First edition
6 July 2021 - 8 July 2021Free
The UNESCO Chair and WHO Collaborating Center on Global Health & Education and EHESP invite all those interested in promoting health and equity at a community level to the first edition of the Global Community Health Annual Workshop that will take place on 6, 7 and 8 July 2021. We welcome all those involved in health promotion, prevention, healthcare and social care services.This year’s course will be online and FREE of charge. Participants and tutors will learn from the diversity in community health practices.
Aim and audience
The main aim of the workshop is to explore the diverse practices of community health worldwide, learn from them, and apply those newly acquired skills and knowledge to current/future projects. The workshop is intended for:
- Professionals working in public health institutions, NGOs
- Students undertaking a Master or PhD in Public Health or Health Promotion
- Researchers and professionals involved in implementation of community health programs
Why this workshop?
The event aims to bring together community health actors from around the world. Many professionals will be contributing, each with different expertise with the aim of promoting the health and well-being of communities. Participants will be offered a unique opportunity of meeting with different people around the world, share valuable experiences from the field and learn from those experiences. They will work and engage with different leaders in community health from different backgrounds and expand their professional network.
Registration is now closed. The recording of the lectures will be made available on this webpage after the workshop.
Basic requirements to access the course includes a good level of English, a good internet connection and motivation to learn and share experiences with other participants from many different contexts.
At the end of the workshop, the UNESCO Chair Global Health & Education will provide a certificate for all the participants who attended the lectures and submitted the assignment. You will work on the assignment during the ‘satellite sessions’ we organise each day.
The online workshop will start on Tuesday 6 July 2021 at 11.30 (CEST) and will end on Thursday 8 July 2021 at 14.30 (CEST). The overall 3-day schedule is structured in a way that will accommodate to most time zones:
The online workshop consists of lectures, case studies and time for questions, voices from the field and satellite sessions. Voices from the field are pre-recorded interviews of practitioners/ researchers/ policy makers talking about their work in the field of community health. During the satellite sessions participants will be able to reflect and discuss in Arabic, English, French and Spanish (in different breakout groups chaired by a moderator) how the messages of our contributors can be applied to different national and/or regional contexts. Go to the detailed programme.
We are honoured to have excellent contributors from all over the world. A preview of the contributors:
- Prof. Didier Jourdan, Chair holder UNESCO Chair and head of the WHO Collaborating Center Global Health & Education, France
- Ass. Prof. Eric Breton, EHESP School of public health, France
- Ass. Prof. David Houeto, Health Promotion, University of Parakou, Benin
- Viola Cassetti, Public Health researcher and anthropologist, Spain
- George Arrey, Chief executive officer Health Promotion South Africa Trust, South Africa
- Dr. Raúl Mercer, Coordinator of the Program of Social Sciences and Health at FLACSO (Latin American School of Social Sciences), Argentina
- Ass. Prof. Valéry Ridde – Director of Research at CEPED, a Joint Research Unit involving the University of Paris and the Institut de Recherche pour le Développement (IRD), France
- Dr. Yifei Hu, M.D., Ph.D. – professor at the Department of Child and Adolescent Health and Maternal Care, Capital Medical University, China
- Prof. Louise Potvin – School of Public Health, University of Montreal, Canada
More information about the speakers