- This event has passed.
11th IUHPE European Conference on Health promotion – UNESCO Chair speaking
June 14 - June 16
The theme of the 11th IUHPE European Conference on Health Promotion, taking place from 14 to 16 June 2021, is “Health Promotion: Transformative action in a changing Europe”. The event aims to put the spotlight on the health promotion work carried out by various institutions and organisations across Europe, and to promote networking and the exchange of ideas.
The overall theme will be developed in three plenary sessions with high level keynotes or roundtable discussions:
- The first Recognizing Health Promotion’s contribution in a changing Europe will reflect on what health promotion as a transdisciplinary field of professional practice has contributed to shaping public health in a changing Europe.
- The second keynote session, Reinforcing Health Promotion’s capacity to address change in Europe will focus on the professional competencies and organisational capacities that are required for health promotion to live up to the challenge of shaping public health in Europe.
- The third session, Rethinking Health Promotion to better address change in Europe, will take a critical look at the points where health promotion needs to be strengthened so as to cope with the challenges of societal and health changes in Europe.
The UNESCO Chair Global Health & Education is involved in the following events:
Tuesday 15 June 2021, 11.30-13.00 – Workshop 6: Principles for health promotion and health literacy in schools as foundations for solidarity and public health
Wednesday 16 June 2021, 9.00-10.00 – Plenary session , Reinforcing Health Promotion’s capacity to address change in Europe
- Caroline Costongs, EuroHealthNet
- Didier Jourdan, UNESCO Chair and Head of the WHO Collaborating Center “Global Health & Education”
Wednesday 16 June 2021, 16.00-17.00 – Celebrating 70 years of IUHPE’s role in advancing global health promotion
- Panellist – Didier Jourdan, UNESCO Chair and Head of the WHO Collaborating Center “Global Health & Education”