We are pleased to announce the release of the 3rd volume of the Global Handbook of Health Promotion Research: Doing Health Promotion Research.
A global collaborative initiative
This publication is the result of a global collaborative initiative, launched in May 2020 by the UNESCO Chair Global Health & Education and the Canada Research Chair in Community Approaches and Health Inequalities, to structure the field of health promotion research.
Its ambition is to map and characterise the research practices of those involved in the production and sharing of knowledge in health promotion.
The Handbook consists of three distinct volumes:
- Mapping health promotion research (published in 2022)
- Framing health promotion research (a systematic description of the epistemological and ethical framework of health promotion research) (to be published in 2024)
- Doing health promotion research (a compilation of health promotion research paradigms, approaches and methods).
A practical reference tool
This 3rd volume concerns research practices relevant to the production and sharing of knowledge about health promotion practices. It aims to be a practical reference tool for researchers and graduate students in health promotion, public health, education, and socio-health sciences; practitioners in health, medical, and social sectors; policy-makers; and health research administrators.
It is organised as follows:
- Part I presents some paradigms and approaches to knowledge production relevant to health promotion research.
- Parts II to V describe research designs and methods that specifically address health promotion research.
- Part VI includes an overview of the challenges facing health promotion research and suggests ways forward.
More information about the Global Handbook of Health Promotion Research
 Jourdan, D., & Potvin, L. (Éds.). (2023). Global Handbook of Health Promotion Research, Vol. 3 : Doing Health Promotion Research. Springer International Publishing. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-031-20401-2
 Potvin, L., & Jourdan, D. (Éds.). (2022). Global Handbook of Health Promotion Research, Vol. 1 : Mapping Health Promotion Research. Springer International Publishing. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-97212-7