Registration for the second edition of the Global Community Health Annual Workshop will close on Monday 27 June at 12.00 CEST.
The second edition of the Global Community Health Annual Workshop will take place on 28, 29 and 30 June 2022 as an online event. The main theme of this year’s workshop is ‘How to build resilient communities for times of crises’. The theme will be explored through different sub-themes, such as emergency health and social protection, offering a broad perspective on the diversity of practices of community health worldwide. The workshop provides a space where community health and health promotion practitioners and policy makers can improve their skills and where researchers can gain in capacities to conduct community-based participatory research.
Day 1 of the workshop, 28 June 2022, will focus on “Resilience: giving voice to the voiceless” with the following speakers:
- Sione Tu’itahi, Global President of the IUHPE, Executive director of the Health Promotion Forum of New Zealand, Honorary Senior Research Fellow, Otago University, New Zealand
- Eric Breton, Professor of health promotion at the EHESP School of Public Health, Rennes, France
- Satarupa Dasgupta, Assistant Professor of Applied Communication, Ramapo College of New Jersey, United States
Day 2 of the workshop, 29 June 2022, will focus on “Building resilience within health systems” with the following speakers:
- Nancy Muturi, Professor in public relations, health communication, Kansas State University, United States
- Saloua Abouchadi, Public health medical doctor and lecturer researcher at the National School of Public Health, Morocco
- Katie Powell, Research Fellow, School of Health and Related Research, University of Sheffield, United Kingdom
- Amy Barnes, Senior Lecturer in Public Health – Policy, University of Sheffield, United Kingdom
- Catherine Duggan, Chief Executive Officer of the International Pharmaceutical Federation
Day 3 of the workshop, 30 June 2022, will focus on “Emergency Health” with the following speakers:
- Maya Schaerer, Grant management officer, Epidemic and Pandemic Preparedness, International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC), Geneva, Switzerland
- Wbeimar Sánchez, Senior officer Epidemic Preparedness and Readiness, International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC), Geneva, Switzerland
- Jean-Louis Lamboray, Co-founder of The Constellation
- Luc Barriere-Constantin, Voting Member and Chairperson of The Constellation
- Bhavna Mukhopadhyay, Chief Executive at Voluntary Health Association of India
Go to the dedicated webpage to see the full programme of the Community Health Workshop.
Format of the workshop
The global workshop will run during 3 consecutive days from 11.30 CEST till 15.00 CEST. It uses an interactive format ensuring active participation through a series of online lectures, combined with community heath hubs. These community health hubs (smaller working groups) acknowledge our diversity and cultural dimensions and are offered in different languages including Arabic, English, French and Spanish. During the community health hubs participants have the opportunity to share experiences, build their regional and global networks and work with other group members on their assignment. The online lectures are held in the English language.
Registration will close on Monday 27 June at 12.00 CEST.
This year’s workshop is free of charge. Practitioners, students, policy makers and researchers from all over the world are welcome to join. You can register by completing the online registration form. Participants submitting the assignment on a community health topic will have their efforts credited by a certificate of attendance delivered by the UNESCO Chair.
The second edition of the Global Community health Annual Workshop is organised by the UNESCO Chair on Global Health & Education, EHESP School of Public Health and the International Union for Health Promotion and Education IUHPE.
For more information see the dedicated webpage.