On 24th of February 2022 8.30-10.00 CET, 11.00-12.30 Iran, 12.00-13.30 AFT, 12.30-14.00 TJT the webinar “School mental health: whys and hows. How to protect and promote school mental health in 21th century?” will take place. It is the second webinar in Persian in the Global Health & Education webinar series.
Speakers from Iran, Germany and the UNESCO Chair will present a brief explanation of the importance of knowledge exchange and production within networks of different languages for the UNESCO Chair Global Health & Education, nationally and internationally on school mental health. Specially after the outbreak of the Covid-19 pandemic and its impacts on students and their parents. Furthermore, the speakers will share with the audience the current state of school mental health in Europe, Germany and Iran, the challenges and achievements and their perspectives about the way forward to achieve the goal of “mental health for all” through holistic school health programs such as health promoting schools initiatives.
The webinar will be hosted and coordinated by
- Nastaran Keshavarz Mohammadi, Associate professor of Health Promotion
The webinar will opened by:
- Alireza Zali, Chancellor of Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, Iran
- Goof Buijs, Manager UNESCO Chair, France
- Ali Asadi, Psychologist, Deputy Director General of the Mental, Social and Addiction Health Office of the Ministry of Health, Iran
- Gholamreza Garmaroudi, Associate Professor of Mother and Child Health and Director, Department of Health Promotion and Education, School of Public Health, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Iran
- Peter Paulus, Senior Professor, Head of Unit, Research Centre of Applied Sciences of Health (CASH) Leuphana University, Lueneburg, Germany
They will address the following questions:
- Why school and school mental health matters? Why it matters more now during Covid-19 pandemic?
- Why attention to different national, local and individual socio cultural contexts of individuals are important in designing and implementing school mental health programs and policies?
- What is the current status of school mental health globally, in Europe, Germany and Iran?
- What are the challenges and achievements of school mental health promotion interventions in Europe, Germany and Iran?
- What are good practices in school mental health programs and policies?
- What lessons can be learnt and shared for future school mental health programs and policies?
Zoom link. Participation is free of charge. There will be 500 places available.
This webinar will also be streamed live on our YouTube channel