Virtual meeting organised by WHO and UNESCO – 22 June 2021 13.00 – 14.00 CEST
The health, well-being and education of children and young people are closely intertwined. With a vision that every school around the world becomes a Health-Promoting School (HPS), UNESCO and the World Health Organization (WHO) have developed a joint initiative to support Member States strengthen the health promoting function of education systems.
This global launch will feature the introduction of the initiative and present a newly-developed guidance package consisting of four publications:
- Global standards and indicators for health-promoting schools and systems;
- Implementation guidance;
- Country case studies; and
- Guideline for school health services.
Global and country-level stakeholders, including representatives from government and school communities will present their perspectives and experiences in implementing school health and health-promoting school approaches.
The event will be available in English, French, Arabic and Spanish.
- Statements by the Directors General of WHO and UNESCO (TBC)
- Presentation: Towards global standards for health-promoting schools for all
- Roundtable 1: Voices from the school community
- Roundtable 2: Perspectives of national policymakers
- Roundtable 3: Perspectives of development partners
- Conclusion and closing remarks
For more information contact: email@example.com