The strength of the UNESCO Chair Global Health & Education lies in the skills and knowledge of its community members. They share the overall vision of the UNESCO Chair of a world where all children and young people achieve optimum health, well-being and education. This vision is summarized in the Charter of the UNESCO Chair. To reach this vision, the Chair acts as a catalyst to improve health, well-being and education of children and young people through contributing to policy and practice change at a global scale.
Join the community
The UNESCO Chair operates as a community, not another network. Organizations and people from different backgrounds, countries, cultures who have a common interest in health & education are actively involved in different activities at a global level.
Community members range from individuals (academics, students, administrators, practitioners, consultants and others) to universities and organisations (cities, regions, NGO’s, unions, public and private companies and networks).
Community members may benefit as follows:
- be inspired by being part of a global community that facilitates the exchange of ideas, knowledge and experiences;
- have the opportunity to collaborate with other community members;
- be able to contribute to one or more of the activities and projects of the Chair;
- receive regular news updates;
- be visible and recognised as a community member of the Chair on the website.
The UNESCO Chair Global Health & Education has four community membership categories:
- Academic institutions (universities, research centres, training centres, colleges, knowledge sharing structures, etc)